October 14, 2009

Wednesday Inspiration: Summer Cottage on the Cape

Rain, rain go away...come again another day.
California has been too dry for too long and I'm glad that it's finally raining, but my holy moly...do we have to make up for it all at once?

Anyway, between taking care of all of my vendor phone calls, client proposals, timeline revisions, rental orders, and so on today, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder off to my favorite fantasy summer spot. A quaint little rose covered cottage on the Cape.

One of my favorite summers ever was spent exploring New England with my mom (Martha's Vineyard to be exact). I just fell in love with regions charming shabby chic vibe.

The grand Georgian style bed and breakfast the we stayed at, was brimming with gorgeous fruitwood furniture, needle point rugs, whitewashed iron chandeliers and all sorts of fascinating colored glassware. Plus as a sugar obsessed 10 year old, I LOVED the fact that they served homemade chocolate chip cookies with fresh squeezed lemonade every afternoon : ) The lifestyle that the innkeepers shared with us was so delightfully laid back and welcoming.

This weeks inspiration board is inspired by that magical summer, over 16 years ago.

Inspiration Board created by: Ariel Yve, Legendary Wedding Planner ; )

Where does your imagination go to escape the rain?

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of my Bermuda cruise that my fiance and I are taking for our honeymoon. Imagining myself standing on the top deck, looking out at the deep blue and putting my hands out desides me as the wind blows on my face. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! Thanks for the comment Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails