July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th everyone! 

My little town started the festivities a little early, by holding their annual Independence Day Parade yesterday.  Tonight...FIREWORKS!  I absolutely adore watching fireworks any chance I get...and being able to watch them from my backyard in my rose garden is twice as nice.
We've moved! Please join us at: Ariel Yve Design



Image via Pyro Artistry

What's your favorite aspect of the 4th of July?

Anyway, one of my friends sent me an email with 4th of July statistics and was surprised to find out the the most popular food eaten on the 4th are ribs.

In case ribs are in your plans, I wanted to share this easy and delicious rib recipe with you.

Honey Garlic Rib Recipe



Ingredients

4 pounds pork spareribs
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon garlic salt
 
Directions


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Slice the ribs into individual pieces. In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar.

Stir until honey and sugar are completely dissolved, then stir in the baking soda. The mixture will begin to foam.

Transfer ribs to the bowl, and turn to coat.

Cover a cookie sheet with foil, and arrange the ribs meat side up on the sheet. Pour excess sauce over all, and sprinkle with the garlic salt.

Bake for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes.

Have a happy and safe 4th!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails